Friday, June 3, 2011

Kim's Garden


 Ever since we moved into this house almost 8 years ago, I have wanted a garden.  It was just one of those things we have never had time for. For my birthday, Bob and Bill trimmed, clipped and sawed out part of the humungous bush in our back yard. Then one week later, they filled up the backs of both of their trucks with soil and planted my first garden at Mendocino Place.  Bill's Aunt Betty gave us some of her tomato plants, and Bill added some peppers, cantaloupe, watermelon and strawberries. I don't know if you can tell, but Bill wrote "Kim's Garden" in the dirt up there!



 The kids have loved watching these tomato plants grow.  They have already doubled in size in the past two weeks.  I don't know how the rest will turn out, since tomatoes are the only thing I have ever grown before.
 I took this picture of the watermelon and strawberries so that we could compare at the end of the summer.  Hopefully there will be some difference!
 Caleb loves singing the Raffi song, "Digging, digging, this is how we dig the dirt, in our garden..."  Now he actually knows what we are singing about.
I really love this part of the yard without the bush.  Now I want it all gone.  Just what a busy husband/coach wants to hear.  Most people would be shocked to hear that the month of June is just as busy as the month of January during the season with all of the tournaments, practices and summer league games.

No comments:

Post a Comment