Friday, June 3, 2011

Homeschool Fair 2011

 This was our third year participating, and Caleb's first to really be a part of the fun.  Thanks to Joy for taking these great pictures since my camera broke the week before the fair!  This pic is my favorite of the whole day.  Caleb and the other little ones had their own race after the big kids were done, and he was so excited to get his own ribbon!
 Okay, I like this picture a lot too!  Gracie was so proud of him finishing the race.  I love how much she loves him.  Luke asked me the other day why Caleb has to grow up because we all like him so much this way. I reminded him that he wouldn't be very happy if he was still 2, almost 3.  He understood that, but I really understood what he was saying too.  A wise woman told me to enjoy every age and stage of their lives, and I'm trying to do just that!
Gracie made a sand castle cake out of crushed vanilla wafers and ice cream cones.  It was the perfect choice for her because she had the freedom to put everything exactly the way she wanted.
 Here we have Dylan with his "Blades competitive game face!"  He was very happy to come in first in this race.  Luke had a treehouse theme with his projects this year.  He made a treehouse out of foam board and then drew a picture of it also.  In his drawing, he included Wade, Winona, and Samuel (his pen-pal).  He always includes that part whenever he mentions Samuel to someone else. "My friend, Samuel, the pen-pal!"
 Dylan made an igloo cake out which turned out to be easier for him thanks to the step by step instructions in my Food network magazine.  The coolest part was melting the white chocolate, cooling it and watching him break it into pieces for the roof on the igloo.  He also liked making the trees out of sugar cones.
 I have always hoped that Gracie would take an interest in sewing, and she definitely has!  My amazing Aunt Gail worked with her for the past two months, patiently showing her how to plan, cut, sew and stitch this quilt.  She was thrilled with the result and her dolls are sleeping in the quilt tonight.

 Besides the running races, the kids were able to do the running long jump and the standing jump.  Joy got some great action shots!

 I had to end this post with another picture of Caleb running his race.  He is growing and learning and changing so much each day.  Yesterday he said it was his birthday, which of course it wasn't, and that he is three now.  I reminded him that he has over a month to go, and then of course, today he said it was his birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment