Thursday, January 10, 2013

November memories

Hello 2013, I am still stuck in November of 2012.  We had a month full of so many fun things, that I look back and can't believe we packed all of that into thirty days.  One of our favorite things of the Fall, is the Harvest party at the Grow's home.
They all still enjoy dressing up in cowboy gear and I love to help them!  This year we decided to go with a plaid flannel theme, thanks to the perfect shirts given to us by Grandma.


Dylan decided that he wanted to enter the dessert contest and I looked through plenty of wonderful pumpkin dessert recipes off of Pinterest.  The one that intrigued him the most had a layer made of Twinkies!  LIttle did we know that Hostess was about to go out of business and we would never be able to make this dessert again.  He was thrilled to win the prize for best pumpkin dessert.
We couldn't wait to see the baby chicks. Caleb was especially fascinated by them.



On another November evening, we got to meet Ginger, Samuel's new puppy, before he went with his Nana Joy off to Kentucky.  It was exciting for me to see Luke and Caleb ready and willing to play with her without any hesitation. Even though Jack is outside right now probably destroying my hyndrangea bush, I do not regret getting him one bit.  We are dog lovers now.
 On another fun November day, we went on our annual trip to the American Girl Store in Los Angeles.  We have been making this trip since Gracie was seven, and I love that she still adores dolls!  We enjoyed getting to have Molly, Gail and Tammy with us for the first time.

 Doesn't Owen look like a 'real' doll here?  
 The girls loved the Volkswagen Bug made just for the dolls, although we all agreed that $350 was a bit too much.  It reminded us of Aunt Gail's adorable car.

Gracie's birthday is the best part of November.  She is a loving, kind, funny, sweet, friendly, Godly girl.  God knew she was meant to be my daughter, and even if she wasn't mine, I would feel blessed to know her. Someday, if she is looking back at this blog, I want her to know and remember just how much I truly love her.
Here is her birthday interview for 2012:
Favorites:
food: potato
color: purple and blue
toy: American Girl Dolls
game: Cooking Mama 2 for the DS
movie: Dolphin Tale and Brave
I really like to wear jeans and a t-shirt.  When I grow up I want to be a teacher.  I would describe myself as loving.  I wish I could own the American Girl Store.  My favorite memory is when we went to Yosemite. The best thing about me is that I'm friendly. When I get older I want to be a mom.  I really look up to Mom, Aunt Gail, Molly, and the Grows. I want to practice sewing, basketball, and Scrabble.  Written by Gracie 

sniff, sniff

No comments:

Post a Comment