Tuesday, July 31, 2012

sun rays and birthdays

We were so close to the sand, it was fun to be able to go back out on the beach right before sunset and play some more.  This particular night had a gorgeous sunset and I ran up to get my camera to catch some of the fun and the sunlight on their faces.
 This night they weren't just throwing the frisbee, but trying to catch it inside their arms and on their head.  Bill loves showing Dylan who is the best!

 Wish I had some audio to go with this picture.  I love the sound of the waves and was so blessed to have the room at the very top of the house with all those windows!  We kept them open every night.  It was the best!


 Here's Delaney coming down the steps from the house.  The steps were a little creaky and old, but stayed together for us during the whole two weeks.
 Here's Lori, Chris, Len and Shirley enjoying the sunset, as well as Grammy and Delaney.

 It's really hard to catch Gracie in a picture when she isn't looking at the camera.  She has amazing camera radar and has taken a huge interest in learning how to use my camera. 
 My sweet Lukey.
 I love how the light bounced off of Emi's hair. 
Dylan is reminding me more and more every day of his dad.  They are starting to walk, talk and write the same way. They are both fiercely competitive with each other, even down to playing slug bug in the car. Bill started waving his hands in the car the other day to block Dylan's potential view of any Volkswagon bugs.  They are crazy and I love it!
The next day, we were back out on the beach enjoying the perfect weather.  Grammy and Grandma Shirley really have a knack for building sand castles.  They helped the girls several times come up with new ideas.

 Caleb actually fell asleep on the beach a couple of times over the two weeks.  He has his hands covering his face and slept that way for almost an hour.
 Shirley came one morning to the house after shopping at Target and brought Emi some stretchy, bouncy balls that the girls gave names to.  Here you can see everyone throwing them to each other.  i will have to ask Gracie what their names were, maybe Fred and George?

 We were able to celebrate Caleb's fourth birthday while we were in Cayucos.  I didn't have any wrapping paper so Gracie and I wrapped his presents in newspaper.  Gracie didn't mind the idea too much until Shirley came in with real wrapping paper after we were done. Like I told Gracie, Caleb didn't care what his presents were wrapped in, because they only stayed wrapped for a few minutes.  Aunt Gail got him the Angry Birds shirt that he has on in the picture, Grammy got him an Angry Birds blanket, and Len and Shirley got him an Angry Birds game.  Yes, he does love the angry birds!


 Here's the whole gang including baby Owen! So happy I got this picture of them all!
My baby is four. I guess I can't call him a baby anymore.  He is so fun to talk to now.  He can carry on a pretty long conversation and is always saying things that make me laugh. He loves playing with Luke and can often be found doing whatever Luke is doing, down to copying whatever noises he is making with his cars or legos.  He is also content to play by himself, pretending all kinds of things with his toys, and if he doesn't have toys, he will use his fingers or his dad's shoe.  He seems too young to be four, but atleast I have a year to enjoy it!

Madison does not like to have her picture taken, and I do remember being much the same way when I was her age.  But, I did need a couple of pictures so that we would remember she was here with us.  Caleb adores her and I love that she adores him!

No comments:

Post a Comment