Thursday, May 17, 2012

springtime happiness

I woke up early April 3rd to a surprising text message that baby Owen had been born!  I had texted Molly at 9:00 pm the night before and she wasn't having any contractions at all! Owen's birth story is amazing, as well as all the adorable pictures she has taken of him in the past month. Go look on her blog for so many sweet pictures! We were thankful to be able to come see him for the first time while Molly was still in the hospital.  The hospital was so clean and new. I kept telling the kids that it was more like a hotel than a hospital.  We were all so happy for John and Molly.


Bill surprised us and showed up on his lunch break to see Owen too!
Switching to something completely different... Caleb is starting to show interest in letters and numbers!  For a long time, he kept calling letters, "numbers", and refused to hold a pencil in any way other than like he was stabbing someone with it! I took this picture on this particular day because he did these names with a little help from Luke.
Here we are coloring eggs on the day before Easter.  Aunt Lori always makes Easter fun by coming up with new ideas and ways to decorate eggs every year!


Here's the gang that did our Easter Egg hunt!  It was fun to have Abby and Evee join us this year. Grammy was generous and helped add money to lots of the eggs.  I think Emi found more money than anyone else!




 It's been over a month since these pictures were taken and I'm finding it hard to remember any more details about this day.  I do remember thinking how blessed I was to be surrounded by my family and friends and watching all of our kiddos get along and have fun together. Today, the kids are finishing up their last few school assignments and we are starting to feel summer fever around here. We just came in from playing in the water in the backyard and the kids are laughing and playing a board game together!  I love summer!

1 comment:

  1. He seems so little in these pictures, and that day feels like a MILLION years ago. :)

    I keep asking myself why I have no memories of Easter this year, and then I remember, "Oh yeah. He was 5 days old and I didn't even know what day it was!" Next year, Easter egg hunt/Owen's birthday party at my house!

    ReplyDelete