Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Luke's friend

Luke was so thrilled to have his Uncle Bob join us on the trip! He told me one day that Bob isn't like other grown-ups, he is his friend.  This might be my favorite picture of the whole trip.  We were walking back from a hike that we didn't even get to finish because everyone (mainly Luke) was so tired. Bob gave him a ride for the last part.
We had to make at least one full size snowman.  I had dressed all the kids so warmly, but the sun came out as they were playing and working on the snowman, so most of them were sweating in this picture!
Don't know what I can say about this picture, other than... these three guys make each other laugh so much!  Half the time none of us even know what they are laughing about!










 Chris took us on hike that he remembered from going to Yosemite with his parents.  The kids thought this cave was pretty cool and were hoping to find something exciting inside.
 Mom and I really wanted to stop and see the Ahwahnee Hotel, so we took a look inside while everyone else waited in the car.  As we walked in, we felt the warmth from the fireplaces, the smell of pie baking, and immediately felt like relaxing on a big chair and staying for a while.  Mom wondered if we had enough time to stop in the restaurant.  I laughed thinking about all of the kids waiting for us in the car.  We were tempted, but didn't do it!


 I wanted to just sit and read here for a long time......
I am still not done with our vacation pictures!  It was such a fun experience.  The kids still talk about it, and Caleb still asks if we are going back to the tree house.  My next post will show more pictures of our time there!

No comments:

Post a Comment