Sunday, February 19, 2012

time for tea

 Such sweet faces! I'm so thankful for my friends who were willing to plan and put together a tea party for Valentine's Day.  The last few years, I have had the Valentine's party at my house, but just didn't feel like doing anything this year.  Then, Marilyn and Laurie stepped in and planned a wonderful day for the kids and the moms! 
 Even the boys were interested in what surprises were in their boxes.  Especially since some of the moms put candy and other treats inside them.
 I really appreciated Dylan's attitude during the party.  He never acted like he was too old to be a part of anything and helped the younger kids pass out their valentines.  They wanted to do this part as quickly as possible so they could go back to jumping on the trampoline!

 The boys enjoyed having different kinds of sandwiches, fruit, and dessert.  Every mom brought several kinds of teas so we could taste new things and go home with a little sampling of each kind. 

 I'm so thankful Grammy brought lots of grapes and strawberries, because we went through them all really quickly!
 The girls table was much more quiet as each girl enjoyed their tea and sandwiches slowly and so politely!
 Love the hat!  Gracie and I like to wear hats at our tea parties also, but I left ours at home this time.

 Luke enjoyed his meal so much he kept licking his hands.  I don't think that was part of the etiquette that I was supposed to be teaching them!

 Caleb and Weston had their own table
 Gracie and Grammy
 Stephanie and Eilan
 Me and my girl
 Marilyn and Winona
 Laurie and Abby
 This is why the boys ate so quickly, because they were ready to climb all over Wyatt on the trampoline!  At one point, I think there were six boys wrestling and climbing on him!
 Delena, Denise, and Vanessa joined us for a while after they went horse back riding. We had cucumber, chicken salad, egg salad, and tuna sandwiches.  We also had smoked salmon on crackers and lots of different desserts.

Tea parties always make me happy!

1 comment:

  1. What a great time y'all had. I love the pictures. There sure is a beautiful baby in some of those pictures. Give her a hug and a kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete