Saturday, January 7, 2012

We are going to Disneyland!

 Grammy surprised us on xmas with Disneyland passes!  We haven't been to Disneyland for a while and here you can the see the very surprised look on Dylan's face as Grammy explains what the Mickey Mouse cup in his stocking means!
 Gracie was thrilled!!! She keeps hearing about all of the neat things that have changed at Disneyland since the last time we were there.  She jumped up and hugged Grammy.
 Grammy has always been generous but she really outdid herself this year.  The kids wanted to go that very day but we decided to wait until we got back from Cayucos.
 We got up super early and made it to Disneyland just as it opened.  Dylan wanted to go on the new star tours ride so all of the big kids and Lori, Chris and Daddy went there while I took Caleb on his very first Disneyland ride!  None of my pictures came out very well but I wanted to remember which ride he went on first.  He seemed very confused about the whole process.  It took him a while to figure out that he was supposed to be shooting the gun and aiming it at the squares.  We walked right on the ride so I took him on it a second time.  He did better the second time but at the end didn't want to do it again!  I then took him on the Autopia ride. He didn't understand why we had to wait in line, but kept pulling on me to push my way through all the people.  I kept trying to explain that we had to wait and then finally we made it to the front.  They wouldn't let him ride on my lap so he became frustrated that he couldn't see and kept asking me where Mickey Mouse's house was?!? 
 I wanted to ride one thing all together so we decided to go on Small World which was still decorated for xmas time.  I was trying to get him to look at the camera but there was way too much stuff to look at!
 He did however have time to hug Daddy and give him a sweet kiss!
 I was trying to get a picture of all of us together, but no such luck.  Aunt Lori and Uncle Chris are back there as well as Gracie.
 While we were in the ride, I was playing around again with the different settings on my camera and I'm not sure how I got these cool effects.  I'm not sure I could do it again, but I like them!  Gracie and Emi were singing Jingle Bells and It's a small world, and below you can see Dylan and Delaney's reaction to their singing!  Uncle Chris calls the two girls his little chatterboxes!

 While the big kids went on Thunder Mountain I took Caleb to see Goofy and Mickey's houses.  He ended up liking Goofy's house the best because they have some playground toys in front.  He didn't really understand Mickey's house and there was a super long line to meet Mickey so I decided to wait until another time when the other kids were with me.  I have a feeling he wouldn't have actually wanted to have his picture taken with Mickey unless they were with him.
This picture cracks me up because he actually posed for me, which he NEVER does!  I guess he is getting more used to me taking pictures all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment