Monday, November 7, 2011

4 little pumpkins...

 Had to start this post with a random picture of my three boys sharing a large cake shake from one our favorite places to eat, Portillo's.  It is a perfect place for our family because they have hot dogs for the younger boys, burgers for Dylan, lots of choices for Bill, and one of my most favorite salads of all time, the Chicken Salad with fruit.  I love this salad, but I don't love trying to eat it next to Caleb.  Caleb loves any type of fruit and if he sees it on my plate, pretty much assumes it is fair game for him to have some also.  If I even start to have a conversation with Bill or someone else, I can pretty much guarantee all the fruit will be gone. I in turn, proceed to take drinks from Bill's cake, so I guess I know where he gets it from!

 Here we are with our annual tradition of carving pumpkins.  It's funny how they all want to do the drawing of the design on the pumpkin, and then want Bill and I to do all of the rest.  This year we made them do all of the scraping and pulling of the seeds, and kept the carving part for us.





 The finished pumpkins!  Inside them are one of my new favorite things, battery operated tea lights!  I know they have been around for years, but this is the first time that I actually bought some, and loved it.  I don't have to worry about forgetting to blow them out, or if Caleb is getting too close to the fire.
 Gracie's pumpkin had a bow at the top
 Delaney helped Caleb with his Mario pumpkin.  She is so artistic and creative!
 Dylan with his haunted house pumpkin
 Emi and Luke worked on their Frankenstein pumpkin together.
Hey it's me Mario!

No comments:

Post a Comment