Thursday, March 31, 2011

our own personal trainer

We had a nice spring break, even though Luke was sick, then Caleb had a fever for three days, and it rained most of the week.  It was still nice to be together, go for walks in between the rain storms, and go out to eat a few times.  When the week was over, Gracie said her favorite part of the week was going on walk/runs with Bill and I and at each corner Bill would be their own personal trainer.  We got some strange looks from people as Bill was having them do push-ups, sit-ups, squats, power-bursts,etc., at the corners around our house! 
So every day this week we have continued on our walks without Bill, but now Dylan is the personal trainer.  Gracie and Luke have lost most of their interest but he keeps plugging along.  
I also decided at the beginning of the month, I was going to try to cook everything in my freezer, so that it would be empty today.  Did I accomplish my goal?  I came close. Today we had frozen blueberries for breakfast with our cereal and a blueberry smoothie for snack.  We had fish sticks, corn on the cob and green beans from the freezer for dinner.  Last night, we had breakfast burritos with frozen hash browns and the night before we finished the salmon burgers, but I still have a a few things in there.  I managed to clear out a lot of space, and had to throw away so many things that were not edible!  This was a good exercise to remind me to ask myself one important thing before buying something just because it is on sale:  will I really use this item?  I have a frozen turkey from thanksgiving still in the freezer because the price was so good.  I am determined that this won't be a waste of money.  Next week, we will have thanksgiving in April!

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving in April, how fun and yum! Think of all the yummy turkey sandwiches you can eat with the leftovers...if there is any of course :)

    ReplyDelete