Friday, January 21, 2011

Losing to Colony again...

Tonight we played Colony High School and lost.  I have never seen Dylan and Gracie want their Dad to win so badly.  I didn't even have to cheer or yell, they did it all for me.  Dylan said it was the "worst day of his life" which led to a long conversation about what really should be classified as a "bad" day.  I too, wanted Bill to win, so that he could feel good about the job that he has been doing this year.  What surprised me more was to see so many of his former players show up tonight to support him.  The visitor side stands were more full than Colony's side.  People were cheering, standing and willing them to win.  I realized how much Bill has done for so many boys in the past 13 years.  Even as I watched him lose again in that awful stinky gym, I was proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment