Friday, October 19, 2012

Love my Lukey!

Luke told me a few weeks before his birthday that he wanted a barbeque for his birthday party and wanted all of his friends to come.  I just love that his friends included so many adults that he loves as much as the  kids that he enjoys playing with!  We put a list together and had a wonderful summer afternoon with our family and friends celebrating our Lukey turning 8.  He is the sweetest, funniest, most energetic eight year old I know, who still likes to cuddle and gives me an abundance of love.  He always fills me up with his bright smile!

He knew exactly how he wanted to decorate his cake with his own angry birds figures.  Grammy asked  the bakery to leave off all the decorations, so that Luke could finish his own cake.

I tell Molly all the time that I wish we could bottle up the happiness that Owen gives and share it with everyone!  He is such a joy every time he is here.  Grammy came a little early and got to enjoy some time with him before everyone else came.  I asked Vanessa to go around and take lots of pictures, and I am so thankful that she made her way around to everyone.

Luke loves to play ping pong so Bill moved the trailer out of the backyard and made room for the table to be set up.
Uncle Joe, Shain Grow and Len and Shirley Brown enjoying our new picnic table.  This is the very table, that when it was delivered, we all ran outside to look at it, and proceeded to lock ourselves out of the house. It proved to be an eventful experience, especially after Bill told me how scared he was when my mom walked into his classroom one day to get the house key from him.  My cell phone was locked in the house also! Now Grammy has her own key to our house.
John and Shain B.
Aunt Lori is hardly ever seen without a cup of diet dr. pepper from Chickfila.  Here she is with Grammy and Grandma Delena.
Molly introduced us to the world of author Mo Willems, and our life has not been the same.  Luke and Caleb know almost every book by heart a few minutes after Molly brings us over a new one. Here Gracie is sharing a pigeon book with Emi and Abby.
See what I mean about that happy smile?  Here is Denise waiting for Luke to open his presents.
Weston
There's Uncle Bob playing with the kids in the tube slide.

So glad that Grandma and Grandpa were able to come also.  
Caleb is enjoying his barbeque hot dogs, strawberries, pineapple, and chips.  You can not leave Caleb alone around any strawberries or he will eat the entire bowl!
Aunt Gail and Uncle Joe got Luke a pair of black converse shoes that he has been wanting for so long!
Aunt Lori and Uncle Chris
Dylan enjoying one of his favorite hobbies!
We played games after we ate dinner.  The kids had to fill up one bucket with water using a sponge from one end of the yard to the other.


We also used fly swatters to make lots of bubbles in the yard.  I guess we have done bubbles too much because the kids lost interest in this pretty quickly.  Although Grammy continued to enjoy blowing bubbles after they stopped!
Singing happy birthday to our eight year old!
Luke was so excited to get these new blue Nike basketball shoes from Grammy.  He is the biggest Montclair Cavalier basketball fan!  He wears one of his many Montclair shirts almost every day, and these shoes will match perfectly.

The kids enjoying playing games with Grammy and Grandma Shirley after eating the cake.
Sweet Vanessa and baby Owen
The Woodside family: Abby, Laurie and Clay.  We are so thankful for their friendship!
A bunch of the guys who were playing Cornhole:  Clay, Shain B., Shain, Wyatt, Dylan and Craig
This birthday party was brought to you in part by Daddy, who spent a long time cooking all those hamburgers and hot dogs for everyone.  Also by Grammy, who went and got cake, ice cream, fly swatters, bubbles, and the list goes on and on...





An interview with Luke, age 8
Favorites:
Food: spaghetti
color: black
toy: Legos
game: Mario and Sonic
movie: Lorax

I really like to wear long sleeve shirts and shorts.
When I grow up I want to be a coach.  I would describe myself as a good reader.  I wish I could go to Kentucky.  I love it when we go to Jumping Jacks.  My favorite memory is when I met Samuel.  The best thing about me is that I'm a good friend.  When I get older, I want to play basketball.  I really look up to my dad.
(As written down by Luke himself on October 16, 2012.)

sniff, sniff :)

1 comment:

  1. There is no one more thankful or exuberant than Luke when opening gifts! He is an awesome kid with a pure heart.
    Nothing makes me happier than seeing my son (!!!) happy with people I love. :)

    mb

    PS that might be the best picture my parents have ever taken together.

    ReplyDelete